I don’t know what this is from and I don’t care.
from his new movie bad johnson
Here is a little something I wrote a couple days ago and decided to post (finally!)
Have you ever gotten so pissed off at your soap of choice because there was just something about it that irritated you to no end? Ever gotten to the point where you couldn’t watch anymore based on the fact that your brain was about to melt because of pure stupidity of the storyline that’s just boring and drawn out to the point where you just don’t give a shit anymore? There is one of these stories in every one of my shows, Corrie with Nick and Leanne (and Kylie thinking she’s batshit insane because her son is) I still don’t understand how David can put up with any of them. Todd and his never ending mission of fooking shit up…but if you think that Corrie’s the cream of the story plot time fails….you’d be very very wrong.
Let’s start with the neverending plots that are on Hollyoaks right now that are actually finally (in one case) kind of coming to a close. You have the whole Maxine/Patrick thing which I don’t even understand why it’s still a thing. The only reason these two started was because she fell in love with him while he was trying to teach her how to read…she confessed blah blah blah blah. Then the beatings happened and she got pregnant and basially told her that it was her own fault that the baby that down syndrome? Then after she finally said something AT THEIR WEDDING there was no major shock? Why you ask? BECAUSE IT STARTED A YEAR AGO AND NOBODY GIVES A FLYING FOOK ANYMORE! I felt the same thing about the JP storyline too, if it wasn’t for a select group of people’s performances (Namely my little Robbie Roscoe (yeah I’m biased….everyone in this storyline had their moments but Robbie confessing that he knew about it just UGH) Hollyoaks is just one giant mess and a half. #FIRETHEWARDROBEANDHAIRSTAFF!
My two big beefs over at Eastenders Ian ‘the blubbering whale who is literally about to lose everything’ Beale who turns non-whiners into whimpering pussies (Mick Carter) and whiners into kind of tolerable characters (Namely Denise!) And what’s this shit about Breaking up with Lola beause you want LAUREN? That’s just like all kinds of ew, I don’t approve of making Lola cry I think she’s an adorable girl if someone (like a professional hair artist (LIKE HERSELF)) would do something cute to her hair that isn’t a ponytail on the side of her head! My second huge beef is the fact that the Carter family’s falling apart, and it’s not going to be made any easier with some of the shit that’s coming up…I just can’t believe they are wasting such a good character like this just because the Carter family is in a turmoil-ish state. It pisses me off.
I only have one big problem with Emmerdale….and his name is Adam fooking Barton. Yes James is your father GET THE HELL OVER IT!!!! You can’t hate the world forever or people are going to end up throwing you off a cliff into a moving train! Wouldn’t be the first time that happened in Emmerdale, also Charity and Declan can be moved in front of that train too and I wouldn’t be sad if Megan and Cain did it just for a good effect! I just need to see Cain smile again and I think that this would do just that! I’ll probably have more for Emmerdale as I rewatch July/August stuff, but I’m not a fan of ranting on this show on purpose (unless it’s for the benefits of arranged marriages with your brother’s enemy, or the dreaded Adam of overdue teenaged angst, I mean, he’s acting like the kids on Corrie, little shitheads who can’t control themselves.)
I would go into a bit more detail but as it’s going on four in the am as I am finishing this bit alone, I don’t think I want to rant in detail, look out for my rantery/mad love blogs every so often! (I’m in the process of writing a little bit of a ‘one storyline I love on Corrie’ right now sort of thing….NOTEBOOKING IS NOT CALLED FOR GAIL!) So look out for that. Thanks for reading and until next time when a rant is called for, you’ll know that I’ll be about to give it!
Todd, Patrick, Ian, Adam… OFF THE DAMN CLIFF
- Ste (to JP): ...boyfriends are supposed to CONFIDE in each other!
- Me: ...so why didn't you EVER tell Doug about your premarital kiss with Brendan?
My fave farm boys
GO WATCH THIS SHOW, HONESTLY IT IS SO AMAZING.
IF THIS POST CREATES 1 NEW PUSHING DAISIES FAN MY LIFE = MADE.
Alright let me help out then:
1) Most of the cast is female. In fact only two main characters are male.
2) Both male characters take typically non-masculine hobbies. Emerson Cod knits almost non-stop and makes pop-up books. Ned is literally called “The Pie-Maker” because he bakes homestyle pies from his mother’s method. Both are shown to be very nurturing and even maternal characters. Conversely, the women? A pair of professional travelling show performers that have gritty sexual scandals the way men usually get (see the entire “Chuck’s father” storylines), a beekeeper who is the single most positive and optimistic character imaginable, and a former professional jockey- Three of four pro athletes.
3) You could very easily make the claim Ned is asexual.
4) Yes, the storyline is about romance. But it’s also about the positive side of a love story, and their only drama lies in overcoming their inability to actually share contact.
5) A very good friend of mine recommended this show to me as “Disney for adults.” I told her it was already on my list to watch because “It’s by Bryan Fuller, from Wonderfalls and Dead Like Me.” Bryan Fuller is now most known for “Hannibal.” The same camera methods and bright colours and lighting techniques Hannibal is known for? Perfected in this show, just using a different tone- The same colour methods in reverse, upping the vivid greens and yellows instead of reds and blues, which sells emotion both ways.
7) Probably one of the best examples of a modern day fairy tale possible.
8) Narrated by Jim Dale- The narrator for the HP audio books.
I don’t know if anyone’s already added links to this, but all of these here work and if you hover over the links, an episode description shows :)
I’m a TV buff, and when people ask me what my favorite TV shows are Pushing Daisies easily makes my top 5 recommendations every time.